Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing personalised medications for patients.
We work with Professional Compounding Chemists of Australia and also with you to customise medication to meet the individual needs of your patients.
- Stomach upset when taking oral medication.
- Reluctance to take the medication due to taste.
- Issues with the route of administration such as difficulty swallowing pills.
- Requiring a different dose of medication, that is not available from a manufacturer.
- Difficulty keeping track of multiple medications.
- Patients who dont want to take medication at all, especially children.
- Delivering medicines in dosage forms not commercially available (eg. lollipops for children, liquids, etc).
- Making medicines more palatable by altering the flavour and dosage forms.
- Medicine catered for those who have allergies (eg. lactose, gluten, preservatives, dyes, sugar, etc).
- Attaining medications not available or that have been discontinued.
- Preparing differing strengths not commercially available to ensure patients receive the optimal dose.
- Treating problem patients that are unable to be stabilised on commercial medication.