There is no single cause of heart disease, but there are risk factors that increase your patients chance of developing it.
As youre aware, knowing their risk of having a heart attack or stroke is the first step that they can take to help prevent the onset of one. Our Cardiovascular Risk Assessment program has been designed to measure patients risk of a heart attack or stroke within five years. We then work cooperatively with you on the modifiable risk factors to ultimately lower it.
- High total cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Physically inactive
- Overweight / Obese
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment is measured in accordance with Australian guidelines.
- Patients are screened based on gender, age, Diabetes status, blood pressure results, smoking history and total cholesterol:HDL ratio.
- A Weight Management Clinic that works closely with patients who require weight management plans.
- Where necessary, our Pharmacists provide the required quit smoking support and advice.
- Upon patient assessment, General Practitioners can also refer for Sleep Apnoea diagnosis.
- Program allows for drop-ins for support and advice.
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessments are tailored to suit patient requirements.
- Program includes frequent follow-ups in the pharmacy to record patient progress.
- Effectively identify patients who might benefit from a referral.
- Concise patient management recommendations are provided to referring General Practitioners.
- Provide long-term direct access.